Aquilegia canadensis, Columbine
- Red and pale yellow hanging flowers above a mound of green foliage.
- Blooming in April and June flowers hanging singly on multi branched stems.
- Located in dry to average soils.
- This plant has full sun to full shade tolerance.
- Space 16 to 20 inches when planting.
- Readily used in landscaping.
- Hummingbird, Bee, and Butterfly attractor.
- Native American men crushed seeds on hands as a love charm.
- Propagated best by seed. 8 to 10 week cold moist stratification required.