Echinacea purpurea, Purple Coneflower
Out of stock
- Orange in the center of purple drooping petals best describes the bloom of the purple coneflower.
- The coneflower blooms in June to August.
- The flowers reaching a height of 30 to 40 inches.
- This coneflower requires average to moist soil.
- Purple coneflower grows in full sun to medium shade.
- When planting space 18 to 24 inches.
- This plant is used in landscaping.
- The nectar is an important source of food for the Monarch butterfly as well as other species.
- This plant has been used as in medicinal.
- The bloom works well as a cut flower.
- The purple coneflower is a source of nectar for Humming birds, as well as the seed being eaten by many varieties of birds.
- The plant is a value to Native bees.
- This seed requires 8 to 10 weeks cold moist stratification.