Silphium perfoliatum, Cup Plant
Out of stock
- Yellow flowers on the tops of the Cup Plant.
- The blooms appear July to September.
- Cup Plant reaches a height of 72 to 96 inches.
- Silphium perfoliatum grows in average to moist soil conditions.
- Cup Plant likes full sun to light shade.
- When planting space 24 to 36 inches.
- Silphium perfoliatum is edible.
- This plant has been used for medicinal.
- The small cup formed by the leaves holds water for wildlife and attracts birds.
- Cup plant is a source of nectar for the Butterfly,
- As well as the Humming Bird food source.
- This plant is beneficial to Honey Bees, Native Bees and Bumble Bees.
- Offered in quart pots.